Darren Sangita is a producer, musician, DJ and manager of Sangita Sounds.
Since the early 90′s he has united music and culture by working with International classical & folk musicians and technological wizards of the aural arts. He has worked with indigenous musicians and poets from India, Iran, Morocco, Peru, Turkey, Japan, Senegal, Oman and Syria. During the mid 1990′s he was label manager of Dragonfly records, the UK’s first Goa Trance label and developed his production skills while assisting artists such as Shpongle, Dub Trees, System7, The Orb and Celtic Cross at Butterfly studios which belonged to Grammy Award winning producer, Youth. ,
As a producer, Darren’s work can be heard on Sangita Sounds, Interchill (Canada) , Liquid Sound Design (UK) One World Music (Australia) & Organic Records (UK) . He features on compilations with luminaries such as Greg Hunter, Jah Wobble, Suns of Arqa, Eat Static and Thievery Corporation.
- Ashirvad (With Mathura Das)
- Spectralite (With Greg Hunter / Dubsahara)
- Sangita Sadhus
- Kumba Mela Experiment (with Youth)
- NDIPA (with Matt Black)
Following an epic 6 month recording tour of India with Mathura Das (Bindoo Babas) in 2008, he released ASHIRVAD on Sangita Sounds which is a full spectrum ambient fusion epic. Ashirvad is currently turning into a fully formed live project with international licensing going ahead for global release.
He founded Sangita Sounds in 2000 which is an open collective of like minded artists who are dedicated to co-creating a peaceful future of human unity through the power of Music and the Arts.
He has made efforts to work with international musicians and particularly spend time recording and producing full length CD’s for their use as promotional or commercial CD’s. Some work has been pure classical or folk and with other musicians they have worked together to create new spiritual fusion music. You can enjoy a sample of their music though the myspace pages that he has created for all the following musicians:-
- Tinoush Bahrami - Iranian Classical – Iran
- Sukhdev Mishra - Hindustani Classical – India
- Ajit Pandaye - Hindustani Classical – India
- Ranajit Sengupta – Hindustani Classical – India
- Sandip Ghosh - Hindustani Classical – India
- Shirin Sengupta - Hindustani Classical – India
- Haradhan Das Baul - Baul Gan – West Bengal
- Manoj Dubey - Thumri – India
- Abdel Harir & Harir Band - Andalucian Chaadi – Morocco
- Kike Pederson & Kadialy Kayoute – Paraguayan Harp and Senegalese Kora
- Boujema Bouboul – Gnawa Music – Morocco
- Shiv Shankar Roy – Hindustani Classical – India
- Rainbow Warriors – Aboriginal Music – Australia
- Djomo – Ghanaian Traditional – Ghana
- Adotey – Ghanaian Pop/Folk – Ghana
Have you created any Music you’d like to share with me?
Simply pop it in my Dropbox
Myspace :: www.myspace.com/darrensangita