Darren Sangita is a producer, musician, DJ and manager of Sangita Sounds.
Since the early 90’s he has united music and culture by working with International classical & folk musicians and technological wizards of the aural arts. He has worked with indigenous musicians and poets from India, Iran, Morocco, Peru, Turkey, Japan, Senegal, Oman and Syria. During the mid 1990’s he was label manager of Dragonfly records, the UK’s first Goa Trance label and developed his production skills while assisting artists such as Shpongle, System7, The Orb, Dub Trees and Celtic Cross at Butterfly studios which belonged to Grammy Award winning producer, Youth. ,
As a producer, Darren’s work can be heard on Sangita Sounds, Interchill (Canada) , Liquid Sound Design (UK) One World Music (Australia) & Organic Records (UK) . He features on compilations alongside luminaries such as Greg Hunter, Jah Wobble, Suns of Arqa, Eat Static and Thievery Corporation.
- Global Mystic
- Ashirvad (With Mathura Das)
- Spectralite (With Greg Hunter / Dubsahara)
- Sangita Sadhus
- Kumba Mela Experiment (with Youth)
- NDIPA (with Matt Black)
Following an epic 6 month recording tour of India with Mathura Das (Bindoo Babas) he released ASHIRVAD (GITACD001) on Sangita Sounds in 2010 which is a full spectrum ambient fusion, psychedelic dub epic. Ashirvad is currently developing into a fully formed live project with international licensing for other continents.
He founded Sangita Sounds in 2000 which is an open collective of like minded artists who are dedicated to co-creating a peaceful future of human unity through the power of Music and the Arts.
As a DJ and performer of original, live music he has been fortunate to play at the most prestigious events around the world, including Ozora Festival, Sonica Festival, Boom Festival, Glade Festival, Furthur Festival and more.
He established Sangita Sounds Acoustic to represent international folk and classical musicians by producing new recordings to support their works. Some work has been pure classical or folk and with other musicians they have worked together to create new spiritual fusion music. You can enjoy a sample of their music though the myspace pages that he has created for all the following musicians:-
- Tinoush Bahrami – Iranian Classical – Iran
- Sukhdev Mishra – Hindustani Classical – India
- Ajit Pandaye – Hindustani Classical – India
- Ranajit Sengupta – Hindustani Classical – India
- Sandip Ghosh – Hindustani Classical – India
- Shirin Sengupta – Hindustani Classical – India
- Haradhan Das Baul – Baul Gan – West Bengal
- Manoj Dubey – Thumri – India
- Abdel Harir & Harir Band – Andalucian Chaadi – Morocco
- Kike Pederson & Kadialy Kayoute – Paraguayan Harp and Senegalese Kora
- Boujema Bouboul – Gnawa Music – Morocco
- Shiv Shankar Roy – Hindustani Classical – India
- Rainbow Warriors – Aboriginal Music – Australia
- Djomo – Ghanaian Traditional – Ghana
- Adotey – Ghanaian Pop/Folk – Ghana
Have you created any Music you’d like to share with me?
Simply pop it in my Dropbox 🙂
Myspace :: www.myspace.com/darrensangita