Ranajit Sengupta already occupies a very respectable place in the hearts of the followers of Indian music and string instruments throughout the world.
From his adolescence, Ranajit, a child prodigy initially with mandoline but later after rigourous training and practising in sarod under his teachers Late Ustad Dhyanesh Khan and Ustad Ashish Khan of Maihar Gharana, established himself as one of the best musician of his generation.
- Ranajit regularly gives lectures in a universities abroad.
- M. A. in Music from Rabindra Bharati University of Kolkata (He stood first)
- “A” Grade artiste of All India Radio.
- Winner of President’s Award,Best Talent of the Year by HMV, Alauddin Memorial Award & Nikhil Bannerjee memorial Award.
- Performed in Major Music Festivals & Venues in more than 20 Countries worldwide.
- Ranajit is a “Fellow of the Ministry of Culture”. Govt. of India
- He is enlisted as lecturer in Indian Universities by the Government of India. He also participated in many workshops conducted by the living legend Ustad Ali Akbar Khan.
Ranajit has recorded with us several times and features on several Sangita Sounds productions, including:-
- Sarod “Kafi” with Shiv Shankar Roy (2004)
- Sarod “Calcutta Delight” – Kumbh Mela Experience (2007)
- Vocals “Sangita Soundsystem”- Noodreem (2009)
Homepage :: www.ranajitsengupta.com
Anuraag :: www.anouraag.com/